Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

What I learned while my husband was away

I was reminded once again just how blessed I am to have my Justin. I learned that 3 little boys need there Daddy more than they think they do. I learned how much my little girl has a tendency to worry about any and everything. I learned that I really don't always trust in God like I should, I really don't Pray like I should, and I don't guard my thoughts like I should. I really realized again how disorganized I tend to be and just how much God has grown me in that area although I have far to go. I got a little more reminder that I am who God made me to be and I need to stop trying to be someone else.

Search Me, O God, and Know My Heart
To the choirmaster. A Psalm of David.

139:1 O Lord, you have searched me and known me!
2 You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
you discern my thoughts from afar.
3 You search out my path and my lying down
and are acquainted with all my ways.
4 Even before a word is on my tongue,
behold, O Lord, you know it altogether.
5 You hem me in, behind and before,
and lay your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
it is high; I cannot attain it.

7 Where shall I go from your Spirit?
Or where shall I flee from your presence?
8 If I ascend to heaven, you are there!
If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there!
9 If I take the wings of the morning
and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
10 even there your hand shall lead me,
and your right hand shall hold me.
11 If I say, “Surely the darkness shall cover me,
and the light about me be night,”
12 even the darkness is not dark to you;
the night is bright as the day,
for darkness is as light with you.

13 For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. [1]
Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there was none of them.

17 How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
18 If I would count them, they are more than the sand.
I awake, and I am still with you.

19 Oh that you would slay the wicked, O God!
O men of blood, depart from me!
20 They speak against you with malicious intent;
your enemies take your name in vain! [2]
21 Do I not hate those who hate you, O Lord?
And do I not loathe those who rise up against you?
22 I hate them with complete hatred;
I count them my enemies.

23 Search me, O God, and know my heart!
Try me and know my thoughts! [3]
24 And see if there be any grievous way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting! [4]

My husband has returned refreshed and renewed. With a fire for God I have not seen since, well a long while. Lord help me to keep the flame burning. Let me not be a discouragement or a stumbling block. Give me words of encouragement and wisdom Lord. Lead us together down your path for us.

Loving my family today and excited to start school with the kids for the week with an encouraged heart.

3 comments:

Tiff said...

Oh, I know how you feel!

All4HisGlory said...

Thanks for letting us borrow him for a week :) .... wish it hadn't been so busy, so you could've gotten in more contact with him-- but I know how he feels (about being all fired up!!) Hopefully you can all make it down for one of the conferences. It is looking like there might be one for every semester!! (so start saving for those passports ;)
I can't wait for our visit to OR!!! only 4 more weeks!! (we will be there on the 30th, btw!)

Ashley Dancer said...

I love this passage. Verse 10 is our MOPS verse this year, but to read the whole chapter gives such a broader picture of His love. Thanks for the reminder!