Pages

Monday, October 8, 2007

Verse for Thought

We started a study on the book Shepherding a Child's Heart. Actually our pastor asked us to host it for our church.

Here are a few verses from this weeks study that really made me think.

Proverbs 4:23
Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.

Proverbs 22:15
Folly is bound up in the heart of a child, but the rod of discipline will drive it far from him.

Matthew 15:8
"These people honor me with there lips, but their hearts are far from me.

The author points out that we are not to be simply changing behaviour in our children but changing there heart. These verses as well as many others that he gives illustrate how behaviour issues stem from the heart. Something I should already know, and yet I found myself realizing that I do often discipline simply to stop bad behaviour rather then to reach out and change there heart!

No comments: