Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

laundry soap recipe

Here is the laundry soap recipe I used. So far I am very happy with it and it smells nice because I scented it with lemon essential oils.

Homemade Laundry Soap

1/3 bar Fels Naptha or other type of soap, as listed above

½ cup washing soda (I could only find this at Fred Meyers locally)

½ cup borax powder

~You will also need a small bucket, about 2 gallon size~



Grate the soap and put it in a sauce pan. Add 6 cups water and heat it until the soap melts. Add the washing soda and the borax and stir until it is dissolved. Remove from heat. Pour 4 cups hot water into the bucket. Now add your soap mixture and stir. Now add 1 gallon plus 6 cups of water and stir. Let the soap sit for about 24 hours and it will gel. You use ½ cup per load.


I made burritos for dinner last night and I went ahead and made up a bunch extra to freeze for later consumption. I am excited and beginning to be ready for a larger freezer. :)

2 comments:

Faerylandmom said...

*sigh* I want to freeze food too...waiting on $$ for big freezer myself.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your laundry soap recipe! I am going to add a link to this page at my Natural Bath Products site. And if you do not mind, I will add your laundry soap recipe to my collection of soap recipes here. thanks!