Pages

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Weekly Wrap Up it's 2010

Reading time with Sissy



Her first completed verse



Wow it has been awhile since i wrapped up anything.
A new year has rolled around and we are slowly getting back into the swing of things.
My 3rd grader is doing great and we are both learning so much from her Easy Grammar curriculum. It's relatively fast everyday and I can't recommend it enough.
She is picking up Math a bit faster than she was before the break as well. Her Handwriting for a Reason is great too. Her cursive is really coming along nicely as you can see from the pics and she is always so happy to have a nice pretty verse at the end of the week. She is giving them away as gifts. So far they have gone to her Grandmas but I hope to take some to a nursing home very soon.
In her Prairie Primer we have moved on to Farmer Boy. It has been really nice to read about Almanzo instead of Laura for a bit. Gives us a bit of a perspective change as they grew up with such different experiences.

My 1st grader is another story completely. He is not so enthusiastic about learning as his sister. :)
We have had a lot of hair pulling and time outs trying to understand each other recently. Things are improving though and I have come to the conclussion that he simply needs a lot more one on one time than his sissy ever did also I am ordering him the Kindergarten Math from Horizons. I started him with the 1st grade math but it has been a struggle all year long. I was a bit naive at the lack of Math education he had last year in public school. I have a peace about the decision and since I have stopped pushing the more difficult math the days have gone much smoother.

My to tots have been getting a short video in mommies room on the bed each day and that bit of quiet time has allowed the older kids to concentrate better. Also we have incorporated some story time with sissy which gives me a bit of private time with Timmy my 1st grader.

So that's about it for now. Hopefully we are back on track and I can get more pics in the weeks to come.


Check this out

for more weekly wrap ups.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hang in there, you're doing great. Way to go Evangeline I think her cursives better than mine ;)

Jamie {See Jamie blog} said...

We loved doing those writing lessons, & my daughter gave many of them as gifts as well. :)

Keep it up; you're doing great!

Calina said...

Your daughter looks so proud of her writing. From what I could see, there was a reason to be!

We found a tv program on CTN called Star Family Heart Club. Kids can earn badges by writing out 10 verses of scripture. Mail the verses, and they reward the children with badges and a package of song CDs, color books, and Bible bears. It's free to join, but donations can be given for shipping costs, etc. There website is www.heartclub.com. This has really made my daughter want to write - she just got badges 3 & 4 last week.